New Location!

Please visit my new blog: The Steelers n'at

Friday, October 19, 2007

Me vs. Sportsline

Making football predictions is tough.

Any given Sunday, anyone can win. That's a given.

The guys at CBSSportsline do weekly picks against the spread.

I'd rather pick it straight up. Yes, I know this is "easier." Whatever. They get paid to make picks.

That being said...in my Yahoo! Pick 'em league, I am 57 - 32- 0 this year.

Yes, getting 64% of the games right isn't anything to brag about.

But how are the "experts" over on Sportsline doing?

Harmon: 49-39-0
Prisco: 53-35-0
Judge: 51-37-0
Davis: 43-45-0
Richard: 43-45-0

Yes, they're picking against the spread which is in theory "harder". But they get paid to do sports analysis. I don't. And I have a better record than all of them.

How about the ESPN guys you ask? Well, they pick the games straight up like me.

And only Mortensen and Jaws have better records than me. And they haven't even picked all the games apparently, because their overall number doesn't add up to 89, which is how many games have been played so far this season.

In lieu of this...here's my picks for this week. Most of them are obvious, but I took a few upsets to keep things interesting.
Tennessee over Houston
Tampa Bay over Detroit
New England over Miami
New Orleans over Atlanta
NY Giants over San Francisco
Baltimore over Buffalo (though I'm rooting for the Bills here)
Washington over Arizona
Kansas City over Oakland
Cincinnati over NY Jets
Philadelphia over Chicago
Seattle over St. Louis
Dallas over Minnesota
Pittsburgh over Denver
Jacksonville over Indianapolis

No comments: